Wednesday 18 January 2017

Above and Beyond


The submission deadline for the Diabetes Transformation Fund is today at 5pm.

I can almost hear the collective sigh of relief from everyone across the country involved in creating these extensive and complicated bids.


And you are all absolutely amazing

Hours and hours of meetings and work have been ploughed into developing the bids.  Putting a finger in the wind I suspect that nearly every CCG in the country will be a part of one or more bids.   That’s absolutely fantastic.  To complete the documents required has been a labour of love.   As always, NHS staff, have given up hours of their own time to ensure that they have submitted the best bids they can.  It also demonstrates the importance that CCGs/STPs/Providers places on care for people with diabetes. They have gone above and beyond to get the best they can for people with diabetes.

Everyone has approached the bids in different ways.  Some have done a careful analysis of local needs and have bid for their priority area in the 4 bid categories (Multidisciplinary Foot Care Teams, Diabetes Inpatient Nursing, Treatment targets and Structured Patient Education).  Some have hedged their bets and have put in a bid for all 4 categories.  Some have bid as a single CCG and some have bid in line with local patient pathways or STP footprints.  Some CCGs have done a single bid and a collaborative bid.

All have gone above and beyond. All have worked extremely hard.  If the bid evaluation was just based on effort and commitment alone everyone deserves some funding to support their plans for diabetes.

However, we know that if nearly every CCG does have at least 1 or more bids the chances are that it will add up to more than the £44m pot available.  We know that this is competitive process.  We know that there is potential for some to have put the effort in but will be disappointed. This funding will not solve all the issues that we are being asked to address, through the "STP Diabetes Aide Memoire" but every bit will help. 

Whatever happens, the richness of conversations that the bid process has created has been fantastic.  The discussions across boundaries, the further understanding of local need prompted by the bid process can only go towards supporting what has to be delivered in the CCG Improvement and Assessment Framework and the Diabetes STP Aide Memoire. None of this effort will be wasted
Ultimately you had to be in it in win it.  Everyone has done their level best to compete for a little bit extra for their local services.  Like an exam, you have done all the hard work, you have done everything you can.


We hope to hear the outcome of the bids by mid March 2017.

You have all gone above and beyond.  You are all amazing.  Good luck.

3 comments:

  1. I am a 40-year-old. My Hepatitis B (HBV) disease appeared at the age of 34, with no hope of a cure from the hospital i looked further for an alternative treatments, a friend of mine told me about Health Herbal Clinic in Nigeria who sell herbal treatments for diseases including Hepatitis B disease, I contacted the herbal clinic via their website and purchased the HBV herbal remedy. I received the herbal remedy through DHL couriers within 8 days and i immediately commenced usage as prescribed, i used the herbal remedy for about a month and 1 week, my condition has greatly improved, all my symptoms including Abdominal pain, Nausea and vomiting, Loss of appetite, I am HBV free! contact Health Herbal Clinic via their email draribaspelltemple@gmail.com or visit https://m.facebook.com/greatdrariba.. PLS HBV is not a death sentence, there is a cure!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am From Macomb Michigan and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr Melena Anderson has done for me and my family. I Was having HEP B for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this Dr, so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about Dr Melena today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I got mine, He render vaccine for these diseases HIV/AIDS, CANCER, HERPES, ALS e.t.c For more information on how to get cured contact him on his active email: dr.melena.anderson@gmail.com, dr.melena.anderson@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Amelia, I want to use this medium to thank Dr. Iyabiye, for saving me from CHRONIC HEPATITIS B. I suffered this ailment for 3 years, then this fateful day browsing through the internet to see if I could get help, I saw his contact and testimonies of others he has cured. I contacted him for help, and afterwards he administered his medication on me, I was confirmed cured and hepatitis free at the hospital after the treatment. You too can be cured like me if interested, reach him through his contacts: (+2348072229413 or +2348158577300) email: (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete